The Rachel Maddow Show: Rachel Maddow notes the inscrutability of the motives of some political assassins and talks with Senator Brown about public issues like the tenor of political discourse, the treatment of the mentally ill and the absence of gun laws that are coming under scrutiny in the wake of the latest mass shooting.
- The Columbus Dispatch: Congress spars over Social Security, disability funds
- New York Times: Houses Passes Bill Easing Rules Regulating Wall Street
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown urges continuation of Medicaid expansion
- Huffington Post: Senate Democrats Oppose Social Security Rule
- Clermont Sun: Revitalizing American manufacturing and innovation