Youngstown Vindicator – Listening to some of the trade apologists for China warn against congressional action over currency manipulation reminds us of a kid who is getting his lunch money stolen by a bully every day but is afraid to say anything because the bully might give him a wedgie and take his lunch.
It’s time to stand up to a country that not only maintains a huge balance of trade advantage over the United States, but whines, moans and threatens every time somebody stands up and calls them on it.
China already has a built-in trade advantage by virtue of cheap labor, less stringent environmental controls and the ability of the central government to control the manufacturing, import and export processes.
- News-Herald: Summer Food Service Program provides nutrition for students
- Logan Daily News: Sen. Brown works to fight childhood hunger
- Plain Dealer: Sherrod Brown votes ‘yes’
- Clermont Sun: Combating cell phone theft, and protecting Ohioans
- Columbus Dispatch: Brown against ‘fast track’ trade-pact authority for president