Youngstown Vindicator – Listening to some of the trade apologists for China warn against congressional action over currency manipulation reminds us of a kid who is getting his lunch money stolen by a bully every day but is afraid to say anything because the bully might give him a wedgie and take his lunch.
It’s time to stand up to a country that not only maintains a huge balance of trade advantage over the United States, but whines, moans and threatens every time somebody stands up and calls them on it.
China already has a built-in trade advantage by virtue of cheap labor, less stringent environmental controls and the ability of the central government to control the manufacturing, import and export processes.
- News Democrat Op-Ed: Fighting to reduce prescription drug costs
- The Fiscal Times: The Zombie Lurking in Your Last Debt Payment
- WKBN: Brown: Citizens need protection from trains with hazardous materials
- Cleveland.com: Sen. Sherrod Brown seeks to stop waste, mismanagement of charter schools
- Cincinnati.com Op-Ed: Why Ohio needs Export-Import Bank