Youngstown Vindicator – Listening to some of the trade apologists for China warn against congressional action over currency manipulation reminds us of a kid who is getting his lunch money stolen by a bully every day but is afraid to say anything because the bully might give him a wedgie and take his lunch.
It’s time to stand up to a country that not only maintains a huge balance of trade advantage over the United States, but whines, moans and threatens every time somebody stands up and calls them on it.
China already has a built-in trade advantage by virtue of cheap labor, less stringent environmental controls and the ability of the central government to control the manufacturing, import and export processes.
- Vindicator: Sen. Brown tours steel plant
- Canton Repository: Senator Brown pays a visit to area manufacturer, wants to boost ties between education and industry
- The Columbus Dispatch: Democrats flying in to check out Columbus for convention
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees