Youngstown Vindicator – Listening to some of the trade apologists for China warn against congressional action over currency manipulation reminds us of a kid who is getting his lunch money stolen by a bully every day but is afraid to say anything because the bully might give him a wedgie and take his lunch.
It’s time to stand up to a country that not only maintains a huge balance of trade advantage over the United States, but whines, moans and threatens every time somebody stands up and calls them on it.
China already has a built-in trade advantage by virtue of cheap labor, less stringent environmental controls and the ability of the central government to control the manufacturing, import and export processes.
- The Hill: Senators demand Commerce stand up to Chinese market dumping
- Advertiser-Tribune: Revitalize American manufacturing, innovation
- USA Today: Brown top Dem on Senate banking panel
- Huffington Post: Democrats Revolt Against ‘Wall Street Giveaway’ In Deal To Prevent Government Shutdown
- The Hill: Fed rules would end ‘too big to fail,’ lawmakers say