WEWS – A Jackson High School senior has been extended an Offer of Appointment to the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA). U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown announced Tuesday the USAFA has extended an Offer of Appointment to Jackson High School senior Nolan Jones.
Jones plays both football and baseball and has maintained a 4.5 grade point average and is enrolled in several Advanced Placement courses. He is also active in Jackson’s concert, jazz, and marching bands.
“Ohio schools are educating the young people who will become the next generation of military leaders. I am proud that Nolan has been offered the opportunity to attend one of our nation’s most prestigious institutions,” said Brown in a press release. “Mr. Jones’ family and the entire Massillon community should be proud of this dynamic young man who embodies the integrity and courage needed to represent and uphold the values of our nation.”
- ICYMI, USA Today Op-Ed: Sen. Sherrod Brown: Trade pacts cost millions of jobs
- Huffington Post: Here’s The Senator Who United Democrats to Block Obama’s Trade Agenda
- National Journal: On Trade, Obama’s Loss Is Sherrod Brown’s Gain
- The Clermont Sun – Sherrod Brown: Guaranteeing Ohioans are getting paid sick leave (Op-ed)
- Extend the freedom to marry to all Americans