WEWS – A Jackson High School senior has been extended an Offer of Appointment to the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA). U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown announced Tuesday the USAFA has extended an Offer of Appointment to Jackson High School senior Nolan Jones.
Jones plays both football and baseball and has maintained a 4.5 grade point average and is enrolled in several Advanced Placement courses. He is also active in Jackson’s concert, jazz, and marching bands.
“Ohio schools are educating the young people who will become the next generation of military leaders. I am proud that Nolan has been offered the opportunity to attend one of our nation’s most prestigious institutions,” said Brown in a press release. “Mr. Jones’ family and the entire Massillon community should be proud of this dynamic young man who embodies the integrity and courage needed to represent and uphold the values of our nation.”
- Women Deserve Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Cleveland.com: With taxpayer money, for-profit colleges spend massively on marketing; Sherrod Brown wants to ban the practice
- Cleveland.com: Sherrod Brown calls for legislation to change school testing
- Blog Post: How Trade is Like a Baseball Game
- Columbus Dispatch: Sen. Sherrod Brown pushes for more effective student testing