Home » Blog » News » Brown Announces New Resources to Help Hire and Retire Firefighters in Butler County
Fire Engineering – A Butler County fire department was awarded new federal resources. U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) today announced that the Middletown Division of Fire has been awarded resources for staffing by the U.S. Department of Homeland Securitys (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) SAFER grant program.
Firefighters put their lives on the line each day to keep our communities safe. And these new federal resources will help ensure that Middletown has the skilled responders needed, Brown said. With so many communities already facing budget shortfalls, critical federal efforts like SAFER are pivotal in keeping our Ohio cities, towns, and villages safe.
The Middletown Division of Fire was awarded $986,539.
- Women Deserve Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Cleveland.com: With taxpayer money, for-profit colleges spend massively on marketing; Sherrod Brown wants to ban the practice
- Cleveland.com: Sherrod Brown calls for legislation to change school testing
- Blog Post: How Trade is Like a Baseball Game
- Columbus Dispatch: Sen. Sherrod Brown pushes for more effective student testing