Fire Engineering – A Butler County fire department was awarded new federal resources. U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) today announced that the Middletown Division of Fire has been awarded resources for staffing by the U.S. Department of Homeland Securitys (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) SAFER grant program.
Firefighters put their lives on the line each day to keep our communities safe. And these new federal resources will help ensure that Middletown has the skilled responders needed, Brown said. With so many communities already facing budget shortfalls, critical federal efforts like SAFER are pivotal in keeping our Ohio cities, towns, and villages safe.
The Middletown Division of Fire was awarded $986,539.
- Vindicator: Sen. Brown tours steel plant
- Canton Repository: Senator Brown pays a visit to area manufacturer, wants to boost ties between education and industry
- The Columbus Dispatch: Democrats flying in to check out Columbus for convention
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees