Fire Engineering – A Butler County fire department was awarded new federal resources. U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) today announced that the Middletown Division of Fire has been awarded resources for staffing by the U.S. Department of Homeland Securitys (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) SAFER grant program.
Firefighters put their lives on the line each day to keep our communities safe. And these new federal resources will help ensure that Middletown has the skilled responders needed, Brown said. With so many communities already facing budget shortfalls, critical federal efforts like SAFER are pivotal in keeping our Ohio cities, towns, and villages safe.
The Middletown Division of Fire was awarded $986,539.
- Cleveland.com: Sen. Sherrod Brown, 93 other members of Congress arrive in Alabama for civil rights pilgrimage
- The Columbus Dispatch: Sen. Brown urges extension of child health care program
- The Clermont Sun: Standing up for American jobs by addressing trade cheats
- Rachel Maddow Show: Democrats see advantage in running on Obama economic record in 2016
- The Blade: Sen. Brown seeks extend health program funding