Fire Engineering – A Butler County fire department was awarded new federal resources. U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) today announced that the Middletown Division of Fire has been awarded resources for staffing by the U.S. Department of Homeland Securitys (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) SAFER grant program.
Firefighters put their lives on the line each day to keep our communities safe. And these new federal resources will help ensure that Middletown has the skilled responders needed, Brown said. With so many communities already facing budget shortfalls, critical federal efforts like SAFER are pivotal in keeping our Ohio cities, towns, and villages safe.
The Middletown Division of Fire was awarded $986,539.
- The Columbus Dispatch: Brown to Obama: Let those earning $1,090 a week or less get overtime
- The Columbus Dispatch: Congress spars over Social Security, disability funds
- New York Times: Houses Passes Bill Easing Rules Regulating Wall Street
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown urges continuation of Medicaid expansion
- Huffington Post: Senate Democrats Oppose Social Security Rule