Fire Engineering – A Butler County fire department was awarded new federal resources. U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) today announced that the Middletown Division of Fire has been awarded resources for staffing by the U.S. Department of Homeland Securitys (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) SAFER grant program.
Firefighters put their lives on the line each day to keep our communities safe. And these new federal resources will help ensure that Middletown has the skilled responders needed, Brown said. With so many communities already facing budget shortfalls, critical federal efforts like SAFER are pivotal in keeping our Ohio cities, towns, and villages safe.
The Middletown Division of Fire was awarded $986,539.
- Citizens United Legalized Corruption
- Trump Government: Ripe for Corruption
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Sherrod Brown says he’ll vote against Trump’s HHS secretary pick
- Ironton Tribune: Brown introduces legislation to prevent Trump from lifting Russia sanctions
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Brown reads Coretta Scott King letter on Senate floor