Fire Engineering – A Butler County fire department was awarded new federal resources. U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) today announced that the Middletown Division of Fire has been awarded resources for staffing by the U.S. Department of Homeland Securitys (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) SAFER grant program.
Firefighters put their lives on the line each day to keep our communities safe. And these new federal resources will help ensure that Middletown has the skilled responders needed, Brown said. With so many communities already facing budget shortfalls, critical federal efforts like SAFER are pivotal in keeping our Ohio cities, towns, and villages safe.
The Middletown Division of Fire was awarded $986,539.
- The Hill: Senators demand Commerce stand up to Chinese market dumping
- Advertiser-Tribune: Revitalize American manufacturing, innovation
- USA Today: Brown top Dem on Senate banking panel
- Huffington Post: Democrats Revolt Against ‘Wall Street Giveaway’ In Deal To Prevent Government Shutdown
- The Hill: Fed rules would end ‘too big to fail,’ lawmakers say