Fire Engineering – A Butler County fire department was awarded new federal resources. U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) today announced that the Middletown Division of Fire has been awarded resources for staffing by the U.S. Department of Homeland Securitys (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) SAFER grant program.
Firefighters put their lives on the line each day to keep our communities safe. And these new federal resources will help ensure that Middletown has the skilled responders needed, Brown said. With so many communities already facing budget shortfalls, critical federal efforts like SAFER are pivotal in keeping our Ohio cities, towns, and villages safe.
The Middletown Division of Fire was awarded $986,539.
- Examiner.com: Social Security advocate Richtman applauds Ohio Sen. Brown for senior support
- The Daily Record: Brown stops at Ohio agricultural research and development center to promote new Farm Bill
- WKSU: Ohio’s Brown sees Congress passing something short term to steer off milk price hikes
- The Cleveland Leader: Sen. Sherrod Brown Co-Sponsors Bill to Put EpiPens in Classrooms
- The Clermont Sun: Op-Ed: So many things to be thankful for