Fire Engineering – A Butler County fire department was awarded new federal resources. U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) today announced that the Middletown Division of Fire has been awarded resources for staffing by the U.S. Department of Homeland Securitys (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) SAFER grant program.
Firefighters put their lives on the line each day to keep our communities safe. And these new federal resources will help ensure that Middletown has the skilled responders needed, Brown said. With so many communities already facing budget shortfalls, critical federal efforts like SAFER are pivotal in keeping our Ohio cities, towns, and villages safe.
The Middletown Division of Fire was awarded $986,539.
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees
- WFMJ: Senator Brown warns of road project delays if congress fails to act
- Plain Dealer: It’s time to expand Social Security, not cut it, Sen. Sherrod Brown says
- Youngstown Vindicator: U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for six-year transportation bill