Fire Engineering – A Butler County fire department was awarded new federal resources. U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) today announced that the Middletown Division of Fire has been awarded resources for staffing by the U.S. Department of Homeland Securitys (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) SAFER grant program.
Firefighters put their lives on the line each day to keep our communities safe. And these new federal resources will help ensure that Middletown has the skilled responders needed, Brown said. With so many communities already facing budget shortfalls, critical federal efforts like SAFER are pivotal in keeping our Ohio cities, towns, and villages safe.
The Middletown Division of Fire was awarded $986,539.
- Extend the freedom to marry to all Americans
- Cleveland.com: With corporate and labor interests watching, Sherrod Brown has 88 amendments for this week’s foreign-trade deal
- WLWT: Senator joins Cincinnati resident fighting for marriage equality
- Times Recorder: Protecting workers from unfair trade
- Morrow County Sentinel: Not Another NAFTA