Fire Engineering – A Butler County fire department was awarded new federal resources. U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) today announced that the Middletown Division of Fire has been awarded resources for staffing by the U.S. Department of Homeland Securitys (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) SAFER grant program.
Firefighters put their lives on the line each day to keep our communities safe. And these new federal resources will help ensure that Middletown has the skilled responders needed, Brown said. With so many communities already facing budget shortfalls, critical federal efforts like SAFER are pivotal in keeping our Ohio cities, towns, and villages safe.
The Middletown Division of Fire was awarded $986,539.
- Business Insider: LeBron James: Why I’m endorsing Hillary Clinton
- Cleveland.com: Senate must do its job on Supreme Court nomination: Sherrod Brown
- The Review: Sen. Sherrod Brown visits locked out steelworkers at ATI in Louisville
- WKBN: Sen. Sherrod Brown touts new legislation to feed needy families
- Cleveland.com: Bill to aid homeless vets outlined by Sen. Sherrod Brown