Cincinnati Enquirer – About 22,000 University of Cincinnati students, and about 382,000 college students throughout Ohio, would have to pay more for student loans if Congress doesn’t reverse an impending doubling of interest rates for federally insured Stafford loans, U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, said Thursday.
Speaking at the University of Cincinnati, Brown noted the rates would double to 6.8 percent July 1 if the Congress doesn’t freeze them. That could cost students an average $1,000 over the life of the loan.
- The Toledo Blade: Ohio to receive nearly $7.5M to deal with algae
- WKBN: 1 millionth Cruze raffled at GM plant
- Plain Dealer: Ohio’s small businesses drive record exports and Washington notices
- New York Times: Six Senators Urge Stronger Warnings on E-Cigarettes
- Marion Star: RAMTEC hosts Sen. Sherrod Brown