WTVG – Senator Sherrod Brown kicked off his first door-to-door effort in Toledo Saturday. The Democrat is up for re-election in November, facing off against State Treasurer Republican Josh Mandel.
Brown spoke with volunteers and supporters Saturday before they went out to knock on doors throughout Toledo.
“A lot of people showed up today because they’re seeing the special interests are spending millions of dollars in the state, and no one knows where it comes from,” Brown said. “They spent $9.5 million in attack ads against me, and we answer with more volunteers, and that’s how you win elections.”
- Citizens United Legalized Corruption
- Trump Government: Ripe for Corruption
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Sherrod Brown says he’ll vote against Trump’s HHS secretary pick
- Ironton Tribune: Brown introduces legislation to prevent Trump from lifting Russia sanctions
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Brown reads Coretta Scott King letter on Senate floor