WTVG – Senator Sherrod Brown kicked off his first door-to-door effort in Toledo Saturday. The Democrat is up for re-election in November, facing off against State Treasurer Republican Josh Mandel.
Brown spoke with volunteers and supporters Saturday before they went out to knock on doors throughout Toledo.
“A lot of people showed up today because they’re seeing the special interests are spending millions of dollars in the state, and no one knows where it comes from,” Brown said. “They spent $9.5 million in attack ads against me, and we answer with more volunteers, and that’s how you win elections.”
- Vindicator: Sen. Brown tours steel plant
- Canton Repository: Senator Brown pays a visit to area manufacturer, wants to boost ties between education and industry
- The Columbus Dispatch: Democrats flying in to check out Columbus for convention
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees