WTVG – Senator Sherrod Brown kicked off his first door-to-door effort in Toledo Saturday. The Democrat is up for re-election in November, facing off against State Treasurer Republican Josh Mandel.
Brown spoke with volunteers and supporters Saturday before they went out to knock on doors throughout Toledo.
“A lot of people showed up today because they’re seeing the special interests are spending millions of dollars in the state, and no one knows where it comes from,” Brown said. “They spent $9.5 million in attack ads against me, and we answer with more volunteers, and that’s how you win elections.”
- News Democrat Op-Ed: Fighting to reduce prescription drug costs
- The Fiscal Times: The Zombie Lurking in Your Last Debt Payment
- WKBN: Brown: Citizens need protection from trains with hazardous materials
- Cleveland.com: Sen. Sherrod Brown seeks to stop waste, mismanagement of charter schools
- Cincinnati.com Op-Ed: Why Ohio needs Export-Import Bank