WTVG – Senator Sherrod Brown kicked off his first door-to-door effort in Toledo Saturday. The Democrat is up for re-election in November, facing off against State Treasurer Republican Josh Mandel.
Brown spoke with volunteers and supporters Saturday before they went out to knock on doors throughout Toledo.
“A lot of people showed up today because they’re seeing the special interests are spending millions of dollars in the state, and no one knows where it comes from,” Brown said. “They spent $9.5 million in attack ads against me, and we answer with more volunteers, and that’s how you win elections.”
- Cleveland.com: With corporate and labor interests watching, Sherrod Brown has 88 amendments for this week’s foreign-trade deal
- WLWT: Senator joins Cincinnati resident fighting for marriage equality
- Times Recorder: Protecting workers from unfair trade
- Morrow County Sentinel: Not Another NAFTA
- Cleveland.com: Sen. Sherrod Brown, 93 other members of Congress arrive in Alabama for civil rights pilgrimage