WTVG – Senator Sherrod Brown kicked off his first door-to-door effort in Toledo Saturday. The Democrat is up for re-election in November, facing off against State Treasurer Republican Josh Mandel.
Brown spoke with volunteers and supporters Saturday before they went out to knock on doors throughout Toledo.
“A lot of people showed up today because they’re seeing the special interests are spending millions of dollars in the state, and no one knows where it comes from,” Brown said. “They spent $9.5 million in attack ads against me, and we answer with more volunteers, and that’s how you win elections.”
- USA TODAY: Reports: Regulators deferred to Goldman Sachs
- The Columbus Dispatch: State to appeal latest early voting ruling
- WFMJ: Senator Brown trying to pass proposal that would make drug treatment more accessible
- The Hill: Dem senators want exit tax for inversions
- Columbus Dispatch: Brown manufacturing bill passes House