WKBN – A first-of-its kind summit in Youngstown was held Monday to give businesses the tools and resources they need to start exporting their products.
Top trade officials from the Obama administration took part in the Tech Belt Summit at Fellows Riverside Gardens, letting businesses know Washington is paying attention to the Valley.
It was a packed house.
“Ohioans, especially in the Mahoning Valley, know how to make things, make big things,” said Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio. “We’re No. 3 in the country. Only Texas and California make more things than Ohio does.”
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees
- WFMJ: Senator Brown warns of road project delays if congress fails to act
- Plain Dealer: It’s time to expand Social Security, not cut it, Sen. Sherrod Brown says
- Youngstown Vindicator: U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for six-year transportation bill