WKBN – A first-of-its kind summit in Youngstown was held Monday to give businesses the tools and resources they need to start exporting their products.
Top trade officials from the Obama administration took part in the Tech Belt Summit at Fellows Riverside Gardens, letting businesses know Washington is paying attention to the Valley.
It was a packed house.
“Ohioans, especially in the Mahoning Valley, know how to make things, make big things,” said Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio. “We’re No. 3 in the country. Only Texas and California make more things than Ohio does.”
- USA Today: Brown top Dem on Senate banking panel
- Huffington Post: Democrats Revolt Against ‘Wall Street Giveaway’ In Deal To Prevent Government Shutdown
- The Hill: Fed rules would end ‘too big to fail,’ lawmakers say
- Columbus Dispatch: Ban caffeine powder, families urge FDA
- Cincinnati Enquirer: Children’s gets $1.39M federal grant: Cough Drops