WKBN – A first-of-its kind summit in Youngstown was held Monday to give businesses the tools and resources they need to start exporting their products.
Top trade officials from the Obama administration took part in the Tech Belt Summit at Fellows Riverside Gardens, letting businesses know Washington is paying attention to the Valley.
It was a packed house.
“Ohioans, especially in the Mahoning Valley, know how to make things, make big things,” said Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio. “We’re No. 3 in the country. Only Texas and California make more things than Ohio does.”
- The Toledo Blade: Ohio to receive nearly $7.5M to deal with algae
- WKBN: 1 millionth Cruze raffled at GM plant
- Plain Dealer: Ohio’s small businesses drive record exports and Washington notices
- New York Times: Six Senators Urge Stronger Warnings on E-Cigarettes
- Marion Star: RAMTEC hosts Sen. Sherrod Brown