The Dispatch – Columbus State President David Harrison is one of more than 50 Ohio college presidents who are participating in a higher education conference in Washington today held by U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown.
Brown, an Ohio Democrat, hosted the fifth annual event to connect educators with business leaders to advance regional economic development. The goals include increasing the state’s graduation rate and the success of its college graduates.
“Ohio’s two-year and four-year, public and private institutions of higher education are producing the next generation of scientists and lawyers, mathematicians and teachers,” Brown said in a written statement. “It is their work, and commitment to strengthening the entire pipeline from cradle to career that will ensure our economy – and the nation – continue to grow and succeed.”
- Citizens United Legalized Corruption
- Trump Government: Ripe for Corruption
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Sherrod Brown says he’ll vote against Trump’s HHS secretary pick
- Ironton Tribune: Brown introduces legislation to prevent Trump from lifting Russia sanctions
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Brown reads Coretta Scott King letter on Senate floor