The Dispatch – Columbus State President David Harrison is one of more than 50 Ohio college presidents who are participating in a higher education conference in Washington today held by U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown.
Brown, an Ohio Democrat, hosted the fifth annual event to connect educators with business leaders to advance regional economic development. The goals include increasing the state’s graduation rate and the success of its college graduates.
“Ohio’s two-year and four-year, public and private institutions of higher education are producing the next generation of scientists and lawyers, mathematicians and teachers,” Brown said in a written statement. “It is their work, and commitment to strengthening the entire pipeline from cradle to career that will ensure our economy – and the nation – continue to grow and succeed.”
- Cleveland.com: Senate must do its job on Supreme Court nomination: Sherrod Brown
- The Review: Sen. Sherrod Brown visits locked out steelworkers at ATI in Louisville
- WKBN: Sen. Sherrod Brown touts new legislation to feed needy families
- Cleveland.com: Bill to aid homeless vets outlined by Sen. Sherrod Brown
- DS News: Senator Sherrod Brown Presses Regulators to Protect Taxpayers from Banks’ Risk-Taking