The Dispatch – Columbus State President David Harrison is one of more than 50 Ohio college presidents who are participating in a higher education conference in Washington today held by U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown.
Brown, an Ohio Democrat, hosted the fifth annual event to connect educators with business leaders to advance regional economic development. The goals include increasing the state’s graduation rate and the success of its college graduates.
“Ohio’s two-year and four-year, public and private institutions of higher education are producing the next generation of scientists and lawyers, mathematicians and teachers,” Brown said in a written statement. “It is their work, and commitment to strengthening the entire pipeline from cradle to career that will ensure our economy – and the nation – continue to grow and succeed.”
- Extend the freedom to marry to all Americans
- Cleveland.com: With corporate and labor interests watching, Sherrod Brown has 88 amendments for this week’s foreign-trade deal
- WLWT: Senator joins Cincinnati resident fighting for marriage equality
- Times Recorder: Protecting workers from unfair trade
- Morrow County Sentinel: Not Another NAFTA