WYTV – Hundreds of thousands of college graduates across the state soon could be forced to pay more in college loans, unless an act of Congress blocks the interest rate from doubling.
The average Ohio student graduates from a four-year college or university with nearly $27,000 in debt.
The current interest rate for federally-subsidized Stafford loans is 3.4 percent. A scheduled hike to 6.8 percent is set to take effect on July 1.
- The Columbus Dispatch: State to appeal latest early voting ruling
- WFMJ: Senator Brown trying to pass proposal that would make drug treatment more accessible
- The Hill: Dem senators want exit tax for inversions
- Columbus Dispatch: Brown manufacturing bill passes House
- The Hill: Senate passes bill to buy American-made flags