WYTV – Hundreds of thousands of college graduates across the state soon could be forced to pay more in college loans, unless an act of Congress blocks the interest rate from doubling.
The average Ohio student graduates from a four-year college or university with nearly $27,000 in debt.
The current interest rate for federally-subsidized Stafford loans is 3.4 percent. A scheduled hike to 6.8 percent is set to take effect on July 1.
- Money News: Senators Urge Fed to Ban US Bank Ownership of Commodity Assets
- The Hill: Manufacturing innovation is key to boosting growth
- The Plain Dealer: E-cigarette report details evidence of marketing that targets kids and teens, authors say
- Sandusky Register: Brown pitches community investment bill
- LimaOhio.com: National service: Strengthening Ohio’s communities