WYTV – Hundreds of thousands of college graduates across the state soon could be forced to pay more in college loans, unless an act of Congress blocks the interest rate from doubling.
The average Ohio student graduates from a four-year college or university with nearly $27,000 in debt.
The current interest rate for federally-subsidized Stafford loans is 3.4 percent. A scheduled hike to 6.8 percent is set to take effect on July 1.
- The Columbus Dispatch: Congress spars over Social Security, disability funds
- New York Times: Houses Passes Bill Easing Rules Regulating Wall Street
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown urges continuation of Medicaid expansion
- Huffington Post: Senate Democrats Oppose Social Security Rule
- Clermont Sun: Revitalizing American manufacturing and innovation