Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) and Rep. Bruce Braley (D-Iowa) on Tuesday called on the House to pass legislation requiring the government to only purchase American flags that are made in the United States.
“Under current law, the American flags that fly from federal buildings — on July 4th and every day of the year — may be up to fifty percent foreign-made,” Brown said. “Many American companies, including Annin and Company in Coshocton [Ohio], proudly produce the American flag right here in the United States.”
- Trump Government: Ripe for Corruption
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Sherrod Brown says he’ll vote against Trump’s HHS secretary pick
- Ironton Tribune: Brown introduces legislation to prevent Trump from lifting Russia sanctions
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Brown reads Coretta Scott King letter on Senate floor
- Toledo Blade: Brown to oppose EPA, labor picks