Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) and Rep. Bruce Braley (D-Iowa) on Tuesday called on the House to pass legislation requiring the government to only purchase American flags that are made in the United States.
“Under current law, the American flags that fly from federal buildings — on July 4th and every day of the year — may be up to fifty percent foreign-made,” Brown said. “Many American companies, including Annin and Company in Coshocton [Ohio], proudly produce the American flag right here in the United States.”
- Sandusky Register: Brown pitches community investment bill
- LimaOhio.com: National service: Strengthening Ohio’s communities
- Xenia Gazette: National service: Strengthening Ohio’s communities
- Columbus Dispatch: Brown in favor of college athletes unionizing
- USA Today: Sen. Brown proposal boosts job hubs