Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) and Rep. Bruce Braley (D-Iowa) on Tuesday called on the House to pass legislation requiring the government to only purchase American flags that are made in the United States.
“Under current law, the American flags that fly from federal buildings — on July 4th and every day of the year — may be up to fifty percent foreign-made,” Brown said. “Many American companies, including Annin and Company in Coshocton [Ohio], proudly produce the American flag right here in the United States.”
- Rachel Maddow Show: Democrats see advantage in running on Obama economic record in 2016
- The Blade: Sen. Brown seeks extend health program funding
- NBC24: Sen. Brown announces introduction of new bill to protect the Great Lakes
- WMFJ: Senator unveils veteran education plan in Youngstown
- The Columbus Dispatch: Brown to Obama: Let those earning $1,090 a week or less get overtime