Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) and Rep. Bruce Braley (D-Iowa) on Tuesday called on the House to pass legislation requiring the government to only purchase American flags that are made in the United States.
“Under current law, the American flags that fly from federal buildings — on July 4th and every day of the year — may be up to fifty percent foreign-made,” Brown said. “Many American companies, including Annin and Company in Coshocton [Ohio], proudly produce the American flag right here in the United States.”
- Examiner.com: Social Security advocate Richtman applauds Ohio Sen. Brown for senior support
- The Daily Record: Brown stops at Ohio agricultural research and development center to promote new Farm Bill
- WKSU: Ohio’s Brown sees Congress passing something short term to steer off milk price hikes
- The Cleveland Leader: Sen. Sherrod Brown Co-Sponsors Bill to Put EpiPens in Classrooms
- The Clermont Sun: Op-Ed: So many things to be thankful for