Huffington Post – A mysterious non-profit has spent $238,000 on television ads promoting Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel in his race against Sen. Sherrod Brown — and its lawyer told HuffPost it may never reveal its donors.
The sums the group has spent to boost Mandel are peanuts compared to what other outside groups are dumping into Ohio to unseat Brown, one of the Senate’s most progressive Democrats. But they are yet the latest reminder that anonymous forces are increasingly able to shape campaigns in the wake of the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision.
- The Clermont Sun: Standing up for American jobs by addressing trade cheats
- Rachel Maddow Show: Democrats see advantage in running on Obama economic record in 2016
- The Blade: Sen. Brown seeks extend health program funding
- NBC24: Sen. Brown announces introduction of new bill to protect the Great Lakes
- WMFJ: Senator unveils veteran education plan in Youngstown