Huffington Post – A mysterious non-profit has spent $238,000 on television ads promoting Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel in his race against Sen. Sherrod Brown — and its lawyer told HuffPost it may never reveal its donors.
The sums the group has spent to boost Mandel are peanuts compared to what other outside groups are dumping into Ohio to unseat Brown, one of the Senate’s most progressive Democrats. But they are yet the latest reminder that anonymous forces are increasingly able to shape campaigns in the wake of the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision.
- The Cleveland Leader: Sen. Sherrod Brown Co-Sponsors Bill to Put EpiPens in Classrooms
- The Clermont Sun: Op-Ed: So many things to be thankful for
- Norwalk Reflector: Ohio senators fighting for American steel
- Toledo Blade: Brown to co-sponsor bill that bolsters Social Security
- Columbus Dispatch: Brown bets Michigan Democrat on OSU-Michigan game