Politico – There isn’t a Senate candidate in the country who has earned a more consistent string of lousy headlines than Ohio’s Josh Mandel.
Yet the 34-year-old Republican state treasurer continues to defy political gravity, inching increasingly closer to Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown in polls despite repeated stumbles, the cloud of a campaign finance investigation and a prickly relationship with his home state press corps.
So what gives?
Behold the post-Citizens United era of unlimited outside spending, where even a blunder-prone candidate can stay in the game if there’s sustained firepower trained against his opponent.
- Business Insider: LeBron James: Why I’m endorsing Hillary Clinton
- Cleveland.com: Senate must do its job on Supreme Court nomination: Sherrod Brown
- The Review: Sen. Sherrod Brown visits locked out steelworkers at ATI in Louisville
- WKBN: Sen. Sherrod Brown touts new legislation to feed needy families
- Cleveland.com: Bill to aid homeless vets outlined by Sen. Sherrod Brown