Politico – There isn’t a Senate candidate in the country who has earned a more consistent string of lousy headlines than Ohio’s Josh Mandel.
Yet the 34-year-old Republican state treasurer continues to defy political gravity, inching increasingly closer to Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown in polls despite repeated stumbles, the cloud of a campaign finance investigation and a prickly relationship with his home state press corps.
So what gives?
Behold the post-Citizens United era of unlimited outside spending, where even a blunder-prone candidate can stay in the game if there’s sustained firepower trained against his opponent.
- Chronicle-Telegram: Sen. Brown opposes online caffeine powder sales
- WFMJ: Senator Brown pushes for passage of manufacturing bill
- Youngstown Vindicator: Sen. Brown tours YBI, 3D printing company
- WOSU: U.S. Senator Pushes Bill He Says Would Help End Vet Homelessness
- The Toledo Blade: Ohio to receive nearly $7.5M to deal with algae