Politico – There isn’t a Senate candidate in the country who has earned a more consistent string of lousy headlines than Ohio’s Josh Mandel.
Yet the 34-year-old Republican state treasurer continues to defy political gravity, inching increasingly closer to Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown in polls despite repeated stumbles, the cloud of a campaign finance investigation and a prickly relationship with his home state press corps.
So what gives?
Behold the post-Citizens United era of unlimited outside spending, where even a blunder-prone candidate can stay in the game if there’s sustained firepower trained against his opponent.
- ICYMI, USA Today Op-Ed: Sen. Sherrod Brown: Trade pacts cost millions of jobs
- Huffington Post: Here’s The Senator Who United Democrats to Block Obama’s Trade Agenda
- National Journal: On Trade, Obama’s Loss Is Sherrod Brown’s Gain
- The Clermont Sun – Sherrod Brown: Guaranteeing Ohioans are getting paid sick leave (Op-ed)
- Extend the freedom to marry to all Americans