Politico – There isn’t a Senate candidate in the country who has earned a more consistent string of lousy headlines than Ohio’s Josh Mandel.
Yet the 34-year-old Republican state treasurer continues to defy political gravity, inching increasingly closer to Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown in polls despite repeated stumbles, the cloud of a campaign finance investigation and a prickly relationship with his home state press corps.
So what gives?
Behold the post-Citizens United era of unlimited outside spending, where even a blunder-prone candidate can stay in the game if there’s sustained firepower trained against his opponent.
- Women Deserve Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Cleveland.com: With taxpayer money, for-profit colleges spend massively on marketing; Sherrod Brown wants to ban the practice
- Cleveland.com: Sherrod Brown calls for legislation to change school testing
- Blog Post: How Trade is Like a Baseball Game
- Columbus Dispatch: Sen. Sherrod Brown pushes for more effective student testing