Politico – There isn’t a Senate candidate in the country who has earned a more consistent string of lousy headlines than Ohio’s Josh Mandel.
Yet the 34-year-old Republican state treasurer continues to defy political gravity, inching increasingly closer to Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown in polls despite repeated stumbles, the cloud of a campaign finance investigation and a prickly relationship with his home state press corps.
So what gives?
Behold the post-Citizens United era of unlimited outside spending, where even a blunder-prone candidate can stay in the game if there’s sustained firepower trained against his opponent.
- Extend the freedom to marry to all Americans
- Cleveland.com: With corporate and labor interests watching, Sherrod Brown has 88 amendments for this week’s foreign-trade deal
- WLWT: Senator joins Cincinnati resident fighting for marriage equality
- Times Recorder: Protecting workers from unfair trade
- Morrow County Sentinel: Not Another NAFTA