The Dispatch – Ohio Sens. Rob Portman, a Republican, and Sherrod Brown, a Democrat, both applauded the 179th Airlift Wing of the Ohio National Guard, based in Mansfield, for winning three awards from the National Guard Association of the United States.
The Spaatz Trophy recognizes the most-outstanding squadron in each Air Guard wing, while the NGB Curtis N. “Rusty” Metcalf Trophy is awarded to the airlift or air-refueling unit that demonstrates the highest standards of mission accomplishment. The Major General John J. Pesch Flight Safety Trophy recognizes units with an exceptional commitment to flight safety.
- Plain Dealer: Ohio’s small businesses drive record exports and Washington notices
- New York Times: Six Senators Urge Stronger Warnings on E-Cigarettes
- Marion Star: RAMTEC hosts Sen. Sherrod Brown
- Plain Dealer: Advanced manufacturing growing with innovation: Here to stay in Northeast Ohio
- Observer-Reporter: Texas Vietnam veteran gets overdue medals in Ohio