The Dispatch – Ohio Sens. Rob Portman, a Republican, and Sherrod Brown, a Democrat, both applauded the 179th Airlift Wing of the Ohio National Guard, based in Mansfield, for winning three awards from the National Guard Association of the United States.
The Spaatz Trophy recognizes the most-outstanding squadron in each Air Guard wing, while the NGB Curtis N. “Rusty” Metcalf Trophy is awarded to the airlift or air-refueling unit that demonstrates the highest standards of mission accomplishment. The Major General John J. Pesch Flight Safety Trophy recognizes units with an exceptional commitment to flight safety.
- The Hill: Senators demand Commerce stand up to Chinese market dumping
- Advertiser-Tribune: Revitalize American manufacturing, innovation
- USA Today: Brown top Dem on Senate banking panel
- Huffington Post: Democrats Revolt Against ‘Wall Street Giveaway’ In Deal To Prevent Government Shutdown
- The Hill: Fed rules would end ‘too big to fail,’ lawmakers say