The Dispatch – Ohio Sens. Rob Portman, a Republican, and Sherrod Brown, a Democrat, both applauded the 179th Airlift Wing of the Ohio National Guard, based in Mansfield, for winning three awards from the National Guard Association of the United States.
The Spaatz Trophy recognizes the most-outstanding squadron in each Air Guard wing, while the NGB Curtis N. “Rusty” Metcalf Trophy is awarded to the airlift or air-refueling unit that demonstrates the highest standards of mission accomplishment. The Major General John J. Pesch Flight Safety Trophy recognizes units with an exceptional commitment to flight safety.
- Logan Daily News: Brown supports minimum wage increase
- Examiner.com: Sen. Brown touts jobs in Ohio, nation if currency manipulation bills passed
- Bloomberg News: Senate’s Brown Pushes CFTC Nominees on Banks’ Commodity Trading
- Canton Repository: Sherrod Brown shows his support for Affinity nurses
- The Clermont Sun: Providing workers with a fair wage is something we need to do now