The Dispatch – Ohio Sens. Rob Portman, a Republican, and Sherrod Brown, a Democrat, both applauded the 179th Airlift Wing of the Ohio National Guard, based in Mansfield, for winning three awards from the National Guard Association of the United States.
The Spaatz Trophy recognizes the most-outstanding squadron in each Air Guard wing, while the NGB Curtis N. “Rusty” Metcalf Trophy is awarded to the airlift or air-refueling unit that demonstrates the highest standards of mission accomplishment. The Major General John J. Pesch Flight Safety Trophy recognizes units with an exceptional commitment to flight safety.
- Money News: Senators Urge Fed to Ban US Bank Ownership of Commodity Assets
- The Hill: Manufacturing innovation is key to boosting growth
- The Plain Dealer: E-cigarette report details evidence of marketing that targets kids and teens, authors say
- Sandusky Register: Brown pitches community investment bill
- LimaOhio.com: National service: Strengthening Ohio’s communities