WOUB - A Meigs County organization is getting $99,000 in federal money to establish a revolving loan fund for up-and-coming local businesses.
The Meigs County Community Improvement Corporation received the grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Rural Business Enterprise Grant Program.
Senator Sherrod Brown, a Democrat from Ohio, made the announcement today.
“Thanks to these federal resources, small businesses throughout Ohio will have a better shot at creating new opportunities and jobs in small towns and rural areas,” Brown said in a press release.
- Cleveland.com: Sen. Sherrod Brown, 93 other members of Congress arrive in Alabama for civil rights pilgrimage
- The Columbus Dispatch: Sen. Brown urges extension of child health care program
- The Clermont Sun: Standing up for American jobs by addressing trade cheats
- Rachel Maddow Show: Democrats see advantage in running on Obama economic record in 2016
- The Blade: Sen. Brown seeks extend health program funding