WOUB - A Meigs County organization is getting $99,000 in federal money to establish a revolving loan fund for up-and-coming local businesses.
The Meigs County Community Improvement Corporation received the grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Rural Business Enterprise Grant Program.
Senator Sherrod Brown, a Democrat from Ohio, made the announcement today.
“Thanks to these federal resources, small businesses throughout Ohio will have a better shot at creating new opportunities and jobs in small towns and rural areas,” Brown said in a press release.
- Cleveland.com: With corporate and labor interests watching, Sherrod Brown has 88 amendments for this week’s foreign-trade deal
- WLWT: Senator joins Cincinnati resident fighting for marriage equality
- Times Recorder: Protecting workers from unfair trade
- Morrow County Sentinel: Not Another NAFTA
- Cleveland.com: Sen. Sherrod Brown, 93 other members of Congress arrive in Alabama for civil rights pilgrimage