WOUB - A Meigs County organization is getting $99,000 in federal money to establish a revolving loan fund for up-and-coming local businesses.
The Meigs County Community Improvement Corporation received the grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Rural Business Enterprise Grant Program.
Senator Sherrod Brown, a Democrat from Ohio, made the announcement today.
“Thanks to these federal resources, small businesses throughout Ohio will have a better shot at creating new opportunities and jobs in small towns and rural areas,” Brown said in a press release.
- The Columbus Dispatch: Ohio Democrats pushing voting-rights update
- Crain’s Cleveland Business: Secret Fed recordings get Sen. Sherrod Brown’s attention
- Chronicle-Telegram: Sen. Brown opposes online caffeine powder sales
- WFMJ: Senator Brown pushes for passage of manufacturing bill
- Youngstown Vindicator: Sen. Brown tours YBI, 3D printing company