WOUB – A Meigs County organization is getting $99,000 in federal money to establish a revolving loan fund for up-and-coming local businesses.
The Meigs County Community Improvement Corporation received the grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Rural Business Enterprise Grant Program.
Senator Sherrod Brown, a Democrat from Ohio, made the announcement today.
“Thanks to these federal resources, small businesses throughout Ohio will have a better shot at creating new opportunities and jobs in small towns and rural areas,” Brown said in a press release.
- ICYMI, USA Today Op-Ed: Sen. Sherrod Brown: Trade pacts cost millions of jobs
- Huffington Post: Here’s The Senator Who United Democrats to Block Obama’s Trade Agenda
- National Journal: On Trade, Obama’s Loss Is Sherrod Brown’s Gain
- The Clermont Sun – Sherrod Brown: Guaranteeing Ohioans are getting paid sick leave (Op-ed)
- Extend the freedom to marry to all Americans