Out of tragedy comes an affirmation across the aisle to save lives going forward. That should be the positive result of the just-enacted Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act that President Barack Obama signed into law Friday.
It’s past time for such common-sense bus-safety measures as required seat belts and harnesses, reinforced windows, crush-resistant bus roofs, enhanced driver training and flame-resistant bus interiors.
- Plain Dealer: Ohio’s small businesses drive record exports and Washington notices
- New York Times: Six Senators Urge Stronger Warnings on E-Cigarettes
- Marion Star: RAMTEC hosts Sen. Sherrod Brown
- Plain Dealer: Advanced manufacturing growing with innovation: Here to stay in Northeast Ohio
- Observer-Reporter: Texas Vietnam veteran gets overdue medals in Ohio