Out of tragedy comes an affirmation across the aisle to save lives going forward. That should be the positive result of the just-enacted Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act that President Barack Obama signed into law Friday.
It’s past time for such common-sense bus-safety measures as required seat belts and harnesses, reinforced windows, crush-resistant bus roofs, enhanced driver training and flame-resistant bus interiors.
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees
- WFMJ: Senator Brown warns of road project delays if congress fails to act
- Plain Dealer: It’s time to expand Social Security, not cut it, Sen. Sherrod Brown says
- Youngstown Vindicator: U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for six-year transportation bill