Out of tragedy comes an affirmation across the aisle to save lives going forward. That should be the positive result of the just-enacted Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act that President Barack Obama signed into law Friday.
It’s past time for such common-sense bus-safety measures as required seat belts and harnesses, reinforced windows, crush-resistant bus roofs, enhanced driver training and flame-resistant bus interiors.
- News Democrat Op-Ed: Fighting to reduce prescription drug costs
- The Fiscal Times: The Zombie Lurking in Your Last Debt Payment
- WKBN: Brown: Citizens need protection from trains with hazardous materials
- Cleveland.com: Sen. Sherrod Brown seeks to stop waste, mismanagement of charter schools
- Cincinnati.com Op-Ed: Why Ohio needs Export-Import Bank