Out of tragedy comes an affirmation across the aisle to save lives going forward. That should be the positive result of the just-enacted Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act that President Barack Obama signed into law Friday.
It’s past time for such common-sense bus-safety measures as required seat belts and harnesses, reinforced windows, crush-resistant bus roofs, enhanced driver training and flame-resistant bus interiors.
- Money News: Senators Urge Fed to Ban US Bank Ownership of Commodity Assets
- The Hill: Manufacturing innovation is key to boosting growth
- The Plain Dealer: E-cigarette report details evidence of marketing that targets kids and teens, authors say
- Sandusky Register: Brown pitches community investment bill
- LimaOhio.com: National service: Strengthening Ohio’s communities