Endorsement Of Sherrod Marked First Time Dispatch Picked A Democrat For Senate In 30 Years
The Friends of Sherrod Brown campaign released a new ad, “Tireless,” that highlights Senator Sherrod Brown’s endorsement from The Columbus Dispatch, which hasn’t endorsed a Democrat for U.S. Senate in 30 years, and lauds Sherrod as “an accessible and tireless advocate for Ohio” who “has been a vigorous defender and promoter of Ohio businesses trying to gain a foothold in overseas markets.”
The Dispatch endorsed Sherrod’s opponent Mike DeWine in 2006, Josh Mandel for state Treasurer in 2010, John Kasich for Governor in 2010 and Mitt Romney for President in 2012.
The following newspapers have all endorsed Sherrod’s reelection: Akron Beacon Journal, Athens News, Sun News, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Toledo Blade, Youngstown Vindicator, Elyria Chronicle Telegram, Lima News, Cincinnati City Beat, Ohio University Post, Mansfield News Journal, Marion Star, Cincinnati Herald, Cincinnati Enquirer, Canton Repository, Newark Advocate and Columbus Dispatch.
“Like the 16 other Ohio papers that endorsed Sherrod Brown, the Columbus Dispatch knows that Josh Mandel can’t be trusted to fight for Ohio’s middle class while Sherrod wakes up every day fighting for Ohio jobs and has a record of results,” said Sadie Weiner, spokeswoman for friends of Sherrod Brown. “Despite more than $31 million in third party special interest money propping up Josh Mandel’s embarrassing candidacy Ohioans know he’s nothing more than a politician who can’t be trusted to show up for work, hire qualified employees or fight for Ohio jobs.”
- Columbus Dispatch: Sen. Sherrod Brown pushes for more effective student testing
- ICYMI, USA Today Op-Ed: Sen. Sherrod Brown: Trade pacts cost millions of jobs
- Huffington Post: Here’s The Senator Who United Democrats to Block Obama’s Trade Agenda
- National Journal: On Trade, Obama’s Loss Is Sherrod Brown’s Gain
- The Clermont Sun – Sherrod Brown: Guaranteeing Ohioans are getting paid sick leave (Op-ed)