Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Vindicator: Sen. Brown tours steel plant
- Canton Repository: Senator Brown pays a visit to area manufacturer, wants to boost ties between education and industry
- The Columbus Dispatch: Democrats flying in to check out Columbus for convention
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees