Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- The Columbus Dispatch: Congress spars over Social Security, disability funds
- New York Times: Houses Passes Bill Easing Rules Regulating Wall Street
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown urges continuation of Medicaid expansion
- Huffington Post: Senate Democrats Oppose Social Security Rule
- Clermont Sun: Revitalizing American manufacturing and innovation