Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Plain Dealer: Ohio’s small businesses drive record exports and Washington notices
- New York Times: Six Senators Urge Stronger Warnings on E-Cigarettes
- Marion Star: RAMTEC hosts Sen. Sherrod Brown
- Plain Dealer: Advanced manufacturing growing with innovation: Here to stay in Northeast Ohio
- Observer-Reporter: Texas Vietnam veteran gets overdue medals in Ohio