Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Logan Daily News: Brown supports minimum wage increase
- Examiner.com: Sen. Brown touts jobs in Ohio, nation if currency manipulation bills passed
- Bloomberg News: Senate’s Brown Pushes CFTC Nominees on Banks’ Commodity Trading
- Canton Repository: Sherrod Brown shows his support for Affinity nurses
- The Clermont Sun: Providing workers with a fair wage is something we need to do now