Associated Press – Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Women Deserve Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Cleveland.com: With taxpayer money, for-profit colleges spend massively on marketing; Sherrod Brown wants to ban the practice
- Cleveland.com: Sherrod Brown calls for legislation to change school testing
- Blog Post: How Trade is Like a Baseball Game
- Columbus Dispatch: Sen. Sherrod Brown pushes for more effective student testing