Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- USA Today: Rogue banks remain too big to fail: Our view
- Cincinnati Enquirer: Sen. Brown joins bid to save murals
- Dayton Business Journal: New water bill has provisions for Ohio’s waterways
- Clermont Sun: Ending prescription drug abuse and saving Ohio lives
- Dayton Business Journal: Brown joins other Senators in call for more worker safety