Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- The Cleveland Leader: Sen. Sherrod Brown Co-Sponsors Bill to Put EpiPens in Classrooms
- The Clermont Sun: Op-Ed: So many things to be thankful for
- Norwalk Reflector: Ohio senators fighting for American steel
- Toledo Blade: Brown to co-sponsor bill that bolsters Social Security
- Columbus Dispatch: Brown bets Michigan Democrat on OSU-Michigan game