Associated Press – Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Columbus Dispatch: Sen. Sherrod Brown pushes for more effective student testing
- ICYMI, USA Today Op-Ed: Sen. Sherrod Brown: Trade pacts cost millions of jobs
- Huffington Post: Here’s The Senator Who United Democrats to Block Obama’s Trade Agenda
- National Journal: On Trade, Obama’s Loss Is Sherrod Brown’s Gain
- The Clermont Sun – Sherrod Brown: Guaranteeing Ohioans are getting paid sick leave (Op-ed)