Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- The Hill: Senators demand Commerce stand up to Chinese market dumping
- Advertiser-Tribune: Revitalize American manufacturing, innovation
- USA Today: Brown top Dem on Senate banking panel
- Huffington Post: Democrats Revolt Against ‘Wall Street Giveaway’ In Deal To Prevent Government Shutdown
- The Hill: Fed rules would end ‘too big to fail,’ lawmakers say