Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees
- WFMJ: Senator Brown warns of road project delays if congress fails to act
- Plain Dealer: It’s time to expand Social Security, not cut it, Sen. Sherrod Brown says
- Youngstown Vindicator: U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for six-year transportation bill