Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Chronicle-Telegram: Sen. Brown opposes online caffeine powder sales
- WFMJ: Senator Brown pushes for passage of manufacturing bill
- Youngstown Vindicator: Sen. Brown tours YBI, 3D printing company
- WOSU: U.S. Senator Pushes Bill He Says Would Help End Vet Homelessness
- The Toledo Blade: Ohio to receive nearly $7.5M to deal with algae