Associated Press – Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Business Insider: LeBron James: Why I’m endorsing Hillary Clinton
- Cleveland.com: Senate must do its job on Supreme Court nomination: Sherrod Brown
- The Review: Sen. Sherrod Brown visits locked out steelworkers at ATI in Louisville
- WKBN: Sen. Sherrod Brown touts new legislation to feed needy families
- Cleveland.com: Bill to aid homeless vets outlined by Sen. Sherrod Brown