Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Cleveland.com: With corporate and labor interests watching, Sherrod Brown has 88 amendments for this week’s foreign-trade deal
- WLWT: Senator joins Cincinnati resident fighting for marriage equality
- Times Recorder: Protecting workers from unfair trade
- Morrow County Sentinel: Not Another NAFTA
- Cleveland.com: Sen. Sherrod Brown, 93 other members of Congress arrive in Alabama for civil rights pilgrimage