Associated Press – Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Trump Government: Ripe for Corruption
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Sherrod Brown says he’ll vote against Trump’s HHS secretary pick
- Ironton Tribune: Brown introduces legislation to prevent Trump from lifting Russia sanctions
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Brown reads Coretta Scott King letter on Senate floor
- Toledo Blade: Brown to oppose EPA, labor picks