Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Toledo Blade: Military veteran calls jobs program at V.A. ‘a godsend’
- Loveland Magazine: Sherrod Brown on the success of the Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting
- Xenia Gazette: Protecting consumers from the dangers of powdered caffeine
- Columbus Dispatch: Sen. Brown will fight ‘fast-track’ authority
- Youngstown Vindicator: Warren WWII Navy officer gets long-overdue Purple Heart