Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Money News: Senators Urge Fed to Ban US Bank Ownership of Commodity Assets
- The Hill: Manufacturing innovation is key to boosting growth
- The Plain Dealer: E-cigarette report details evidence of marketing that targets kids and teens, authors say
- Sandusky Register: Brown pitches community investment bill
- LimaOhio.com: National service: Strengthening Ohio’s communities