Associated Press - Ohio officials are trying to spread the word about a federal program that offers low-income children free breakfasts or lunches during the summer months, when they aren’t able to get the meals at school.
The Summer Food Service Program operates at 1,734 sites across 77 Ohio counties.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is encouraging organizations that are interested in setting up new centers in critically underserved areas to work with the Ohio Department of Education.
- Cleveland.com: Sen. Sherrod Brown, 93 other members of Congress arrive in Alabama for civil rights pilgrimage
- The Columbus Dispatch: Sen. Brown urges extension of child health care program
- The Clermont Sun: Standing up for American jobs by addressing trade cheats
- Rachel Maddow Show: Democrats see advantage in running on Obama economic record in 2016
- The Blade: Sen. Brown seeks extend health program funding