Dispatch – A key highway project in Central Ohio has received a $16 million federal grant, Sen. Sherrod Brown announced today.
The East-West Connector in Pickaway County – which will improve the roadways around Rickenbacker Airport and the adjacent shipping and warehousing hub and link it to U.S. Route 23 –has received a coveted TIGER III grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation.
The project is hoped to relieve truck congestion south of Columbus. The federal government also announced grants for a streetcar project in Cincinnati and a light rail station in Cleveland.
The TIGER program, also known as Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery, is designed to pay for infrastructure projects that create jobs.
- Toledo Blade: Sherrod Brown reintroduces clean water bill
- WKBN: Sen. Sherrod Brown introduces black lung disease legislation
- News Democrat Op-Ed: Fighting to reduce prescription drug costs
- The Fiscal Times: The Zombie Lurking in Your Last Debt Payment
- WKBN: Brown: Citizens need protection from trains with hazardous materials