Human Rights Campaign Backstory Blog – The man running against Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown has changed his position on benefits for LGBT couples, according to a recent Letter to the Editor in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. From the LTE:
Young people today expect equal rights for LGBT individuals, and when they’re not given, they’re demanded. Twelve years ago, an Ohio State University student government president called on the university to support domestic-partner benefits. That student was Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel.
- Toledo Blade: Sherrod Brown reintroduces clean water bill
- WKBN: Sen. Sherrod Brown introduces black lung disease legislation
- News Democrat Op-Ed: Fighting to reduce prescription drug costs
- The Fiscal Times: The Zombie Lurking in Your Last Debt Payment
- WKBN: Brown: Citizens need protection from trains with hazardous materials