Human Rights Campaign Backstory Blog – The man running against Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown has changed his position on benefits for LGBT couples, according to a recent Letter to the Editor in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. From the LTE:
Young people today expect equal rights for LGBT individuals, and when they’re not given, they’re demanded. Twelve years ago, an Ohio State University student government president called on the university to support domestic-partner benefits. That student was Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel.
- Columbus Business First: Bipartisan legislation would provide boost to credit union lending for mortgages and small businesses
- The Clermont Sun: Op-Ed: Protecting Ohio children
- Ohio Public Radio: Sen. Sherrod Brown Says Congress Should Renew Extension of Unemployment Insurance
- Examiner.com: Social Security advocate Richtman applauds Ohio Sen. Brown for senior support
- The Daily Record: Brown stops at Ohio agricultural research and development center to promote new Farm Bill