Human Rights Campaign Backstory Blog – The man running against Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown has changed his position on benefits for LGBT couples, according to a recent Letter to the Editor in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. From the LTE:
Young people today expect equal rights for LGBT individuals, and when they’re not given, they’re demanded. Twelve years ago, an Ohio State University student government president called on the university to support domestic-partner benefits. That student was Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel.
- Vindicator: Sen. Brown tours steel plant
- Canton Repository: Senator Brown pays a visit to area manufacturer, wants to boost ties between education and industry
- The Columbus Dispatch: Democrats flying in to check out Columbus for convention
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees