Human Rights Campaign Backstory Blog – The man running against Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown has changed his position on benefits for LGBT couples, according to a recent Letter to the Editor in the Cleveland Plain Dealer. From the LTE:
Young people today expect equal rights for LGBT individuals, and when they’re not given, they’re demanded. Twelve years ago, an Ohio State University student government president called on the university to support domestic-partner benefits. That student was Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel.
- Cleveland.com: With corporate and labor interests watching, Sherrod Brown has 88 amendments for this week’s foreign-trade deal
- WLWT: Senator joins Cincinnati resident fighting for marriage equality
- Times Recorder: Protecting workers from unfair trade
- Morrow County Sentinel: Not Another NAFTA
- Cleveland.com: Sen. Sherrod Brown, 93 other members of Congress arrive in Alabama for civil rights pilgrimage