Mansfield News Journal – U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is questioning the U.S. Department of Defense’s announcement that it will retire the C-27J aircraft from operations in Afghanistan.
In a letter to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Brown wrote that the department’s calculations of the operation and maintenance costs for the aircraft were flawed.
“Slashing the C-27J program — which is essential to the 179th Airlift Wing in Mansfield — would be an enormous mistake and detrimental to our national security,” Brown, D-Ohio, said in a new release Wednesday.
- USA Today: Brown top Dem on Senate banking panel
- Huffington Post: Democrats Revolt Against ‘Wall Street Giveaway’ In Deal To Prevent Government Shutdown
- The Hill: Fed rules would end ‘too big to fail,’ lawmakers say
- Columbus Dispatch: Ban caffeine powder, families urge FDA
- Cincinnati Enquirer: Children’s gets $1.39M federal grant: Cough Drops