Mansfield News Journal – U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is questioning the U.S. Department of Defense’s announcement that it will retire the C-27J aircraft from operations in Afghanistan.
In a letter to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Brown wrote that the department’s calculations of the operation and maintenance costs for the aircraft were flawed.
“Slashing the C-27J program — which is essential to the 179th Airlift Wing in Mansfield — would be an enormous mistake and detrimental to our national security,” Brown, D-Ohio, said in a new release Wednesday.
- The Columbus Dispatch: Democrats flying in to check out Columbus for convention
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees
- WFMJ: Senator Brown warns of road project delays if congress fails to act
- Plain Dealer: It’s time to expand Social Security, not cut it, Sen. Sherrod Brown says