Mansfield News Journal – U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is questioning the U.S. Department of Defense’s announcement that it will retire the C-27J aircraft from operations in Afghanistan.
In a letter to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Brown wrote that the department’s calculations of the operation and maintenance costs for the aircraft were flawed.
“Slashing the C-27J program — which is essential to the 179th Airlift Wing in Mansfield — would be an enormous mistake and detrimental to our national security,” Brown, D-Ohio, said in a new release Wednesday.
- USA Today: Rogue banks remain too big to fail: Our view
- Cincinnati Enquirer: Sen. Brown joins bid to save murals
- Dayton Business Journal: New water bill has provisions for Ohio’s waterways
- Clermont Sun: Ending prescription drug abuse and saving Ohio lives
- Dayton Business Journal: Brown joins other Senators in call for more worker safety