Mansfield News Journal – U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is questioning the U.S. Department of Defense’s announcement that it will retire the C-27J aircraft from operations in Afghanistan.
In a letter to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Brown wrote that the department’s calculations of the operation and maintenance costs for the aircraft were flawed.
“Slashing the C-27J program — which is essential to the 179th Airlift Wing in Mansfield — would be an enormous mistake and detrimental to our national security,” Brown, D-Ohio, said in a new release Wednesday.
- USA TODAY: Reports: Regulators deferred to Goldman Sachs
- The Columbus Dispatch: State to appeal latest early voting ruling
- WFMJ: Senator Brown trying to pass proposal that would make drug treatment more accessible
- The Hill: Dem senators want exit tax for inversions
- Columbus Dispatch: Brown manufacturing bill passes House