Mansfield News Journal – U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown is questioning the U.S. Department of Defense’s announcement that it will retire the C-27J aircraft from operations in Afghanistan.
In a letter to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Brown wrote that the department’s calculations of the operation and maintenance costs for the aircraft were flawed.
“Slashing the C-27J program — which is essential to the 179th Airlift Wing in Mansfield — would be an enormous mistake and detrimental to our national security,” Brown, D-Ohio, said in a new release Wednesday.
- The Cleveland Leader: Sen. Sherrod Brown Co-Sponsors Bill to Put EpiPens in Classrooms
- The Clermont Sun: Op-Ed: So many things to be thankful for
- Norwalk Reflector: Ohio senators fighting for American steel
- Toledo Blade: Brown to co-sponsor bill that bolsters Social Security
- Columbus Dispatch: Brown bets Michigan Democrat on OSU-Michigan game