Average Contribution Size By Individuals Just $54 Dollars Contrasts With More Than $23 Million In Outside Spending Against Sherrod
Today, Friends of Sherrod Brown released its third quarter fundraising totals showing that Sen. Brown raised more than $5.4 million in the third quarter of 2012 with an average contribution size by individuals of just $54 and a majority of those donations coming from inside the state of Ohio.
Reflecting Sherrod’s strong grassroots support from families across Ohio, the campaign now has more than 100,000 contributors, which contrasts with the $23 million that’s been spent against Sherrod by secretly funded special interest groups.
“Following weeks of endorsements from newspapers across Ohio and a strong debate performance in which Sherrod made it clear that he is the only choice in this race, the campaign’s third quarter fundraising total reflects the growing support and grassroots momentum behind Sherrod’s campaign as we head into the final stretch of this election,” said Sadie Weiner, spokeswoman for the Friends of Sherrod Brown campaign. “Despite more than $23 million in outside, secretly funded attacks covering the airwaves against Sherrod, Ohioans know they can continue trusting Sherrod to fight for the middle class, students, veterans and seniors in a second term in the Senate.”
- ICYMI, USA Today Op-Ed: Sen. Sherrod Brown: Trade pacts cost millions of jobs
- Huffington Post: Here’s The Senator Who United Democrats to Block Obama’s Trade Agenda
- National Journal: On Trade, Obama’s Loss Is Sherrod Brown’s Gain
- The Clermont Sun – Sherrod Brown: Guaranteeing Ohioans are getting paid sick leave (Op-ed)
- Extend the freedom to marry to all Americans