WYTV – Police departments in Newton Falls and Youngstown are getting enough federal funds to hire eight recently-returned military veterans.
The U.S. Department of Justice is awarding Youngstown Police Department with $727,398 and Newton Falls Police Department with $125,000 through the Vets to COPS program. Youngstown can hire seven officers and Newton Falls one, according to a release from the office of U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown.
- Vindicator: Sen. Brown tours steel plant
- Canton Repository: Senator Brown pays a visit to area manufacturer, wants to boost ties between education and industry
- The Columbus Dispatch: Democrats flying in to check out Columbus for convention
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees