WYTV – Police departments in Newton Falls and Youngstown are getting enough federal funds to hire eight recently-returned military veterans.
The U.S. Department of Justice is awarding Youngstown Police Department with $727,398 and Newton Falls Police Department with $125,000 through the Vets to COPS program. Youngstown can hire seven officers and Newton Falls one, according to a release from the office of U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown.
- The Columbus Dispatch: Congress spars over Social Security, disability funds
- New York Times: Houses Passes Bill Easing Rules Regulating Wall Street
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown urges continuation of Medicaid expansion
- Huffington Post: Senate Democrats Oppose Social Security Rule
- Clermont Sun: Revitalizing American manufacturing and innovation