WYTV – Police departments in Newton Falls and Youngstown are getting enough federal funds to hire eight recently-returned military veterans.
The U.S. Department of Justice is awarding Youngstown Police Department with $727,398 and Newton Falls Police Department with $125,000 through the Vets to COPS program. Youngstown can hire seven officers and Newton Falls one, according to a release from the office of U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown.
- The Hill: Senators demand Commerce stand up to Chinese market dumping
- Advertiser-Tribune: Revitalize American manufacturing, innovation
- USA Today: Brown top Dem on Senate banking panel
- Huffington Post: Democrats Revolt Against ‘Wall Street Giveaway’ In Deal To Prevent Government Shutdown
- The Hill: Fed rules would end ‘too big to fail,’ lawmakers say