WYTV – Police departments in Newton Falls and Youngstown are getting enough federal funds to hire eight recently-returned military veterans.
The U.S. Department of Justice is awarding Youngstown Police Department with $727,398 and Newton Falls Police Department with $125,000 through the Vets to COPS program. Youngstown can hire seven officers and Newton Falls one, according to a release from the office of U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown.
- Toledo Blade: Military veteran calls jobs program at V.A. ‘a godsend’
- Loveland Magazine: Sherrod Brown on the success of the Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting
- Xenia Gazette: Protecting consumers from the dangers of powdered caffeine
- Columbus Dispatch: Sen. Brown will fight ‘fast-track’ authority
- Youngstown Vindicator: Warren WWII Navy officer gets long-overdue Purple Heart