Home » Blog » News Releases »
Bucyrus Telegraph Forum – U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown urged Vice President Joe Biden to preserve the C-27J program during a White House visit Wednesday.
The program is directly tied to about 800 jobs at the Mansfield Air National Guard Base.
“I went to the White House (Wednesday) to underscore to Vice President Biden just how critical the C-27J program is to the health of the Air National Guard Base at Mansfield,” Brown said. “The proposal to eliminate the C-27J program is wrongheaded: not only could it affect our national security and military readiness, but it could have a serious impact on the economy of north-central Ohio.
“Eliminating the C-27J program would affect domestic relief efforts and shift Air Force operations to cargo planes that are more expensive to operate. Democratic and Republican members of the Ohio Congressional delegation are standing united in opposition to the proposed C-27J program. We must work together, as we have before, to save this vital base.”
- The Columbus Dispatch: Congress spars over Social Security, disability funds
- New York Times: Houses Passes Bill Easing Rules Regulating Wall Street
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown urges continuation of Medicaid expansion
- Huffington Post: Senate Democrats Oppose Social Security Rule
- Clermont Sun: Revitalizing American manufacturing and innovation