Home » Blog » News Releases »
Bucyrus Telegraph Forum – U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown urged Vice President Joe Biden to preserve the C-27J program during a White House visit Wednesday.
The program is directly tied to about 800 jobs at the Mansfield Air National Guard Base.
“I went to the White House (Wednesday) to underscore to Vice President Biden just how critical the C-27J program is to the health of the Air National Guard Base at Mansfield,” Brown said. “The proposal to eliminate the C-27J program is wrongheaded: not only could it affect our national security and military readiness, but it could have a serious impact on the economy of north-central Ohio.
“Eliminating the C-27J program would affect domestic relief efforts and shift Air Force operations to cargo planes that are more expensive to operate. Democratic and Republican members of the Ohio Congressional delegation are standing united in opposition to the proposed C-27J program. We must work together, as we have before, to save this vital base.”
- The Morning Journal: Sherrod Brown testifies for U.S. steelmakers in trade case
- WFMJ: Brown continues to fight for Delphi salaried retirees
- WFMJ: Senator Brown warns of road project delays if congress fails to act
- Plain Dealer: It’s time to expand Social Security, not cut it, Sen. Sherrod Brown says
- Youngstown Vindicator: U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown calls for six-year transportation bill