Home » Blog » News Releases »
COLUMBUS, OHIO – Today, Friends of Sherrod Brown released its first quarter fundraising totals showing that Sen. Brown raised nearly $2.4 million in the first quarter of 2012 with a majority of contributions coming from Ohio, and has nearly $6.3 million on hand.
Reflecting Sherrod’s strong grassroots support from families across Ohio, the campaign received nearly 30,000 donations from more than 24,000 people with the average size of individual campaign donations just $66.
“The strong support Sherrod received from Ohioans this quarter will help us continue building grassroots momentum for Sherrod as we discuss his work to save the Ohio auto industry and its 850,000 jobs, fight Chinese currency manipulation, and protect Social Security and Medicare for seniors,” said Sadie Weiner, spokesperson for Friends of Sherrod Brown. “Despite five million dollars in special interest cash levying more false attacks on Sherrod than any other Senate candidate in the country, Ohio’s middle class knows they have a champion in Sherrod Brown who is fighting every day to create jobs and move Ohio’s economy forward.”
Paid for by Friends of Sherrod Brown
- The Hill: Senators demand Commerce stand up to Chinese market dumping
- Advertiser-Tribune: Revitalize American manufacturing, innovation
- USA Today: Brown top Dem on Senate banking panel
- Huffington Post: Democrats Revolt Against ‘Wall Street Giveaway’ In Deal To Prevent Government Shutdown
- The Hill: Fed rules would end ‘too big to fail,’ lawmakers say