Home » Blog » News Releases »
COLUMBUS, OHIO – Today, Friends of Sherrod Brown released its first quarter fundraising totals showing that Sen. Brown raised nearly $2.4 million in the first quarter of 2012 with a majority of contributions coming from Ohio, and has nearly $6.3 million on hand.
Reflecting Sherrod’s strong grassroots support from families across Ohio, the campaign received nearly 30,000 donations from more than 24,000 people with the average size of individual campaign donations just $66.
“The strong support Sherrod received from Ohioans this quarter will help us continue building grassroots momentum for Sherrod as we discuss his work to save the Ohio auto industry and its 850,000 jobs, fight Chinese currency manipulation, and protect Social Security and Medicare for seniors,” said Sadie Weiner, spokesperson for Friends of Sherrod Brown. “Despite five million dollars in special interest cash levying more false attacks on Sherrod than any other Senate candidate in the country, Ohio’s middle class knows they have a champion in Sherrod Brown who is fighting every day to create jobs and move Ohio’s economy forward.”
Paid for by Friends of Sherrod Brown
- Citizens United Legalized Corruption
- Trump Government: Ripe for Corruption
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Sherrod Brown says he’ll vote against Trump’s HHS secretary pick
- Ironton Tribune: Brown introduces legislation to prevent Trump from lifting Russia sanctions
- Toledo Blade: Sen. Brown reads Coretta Scott King letter on Senate floor