Working Too Hard for Too Little
Hard work isn’t rewarded the way it used to be in this country. People earn less, can’t save up for retirement. Wages and benefits have declined or stagnated. Workers feel less financially stable, even though they’re working harder and producing more than ever before.
Sherrod has a plan to update our economic policies and turn this around. Some of the major policy changes we need to make are:
- Raise the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour.
- Reduce the white collar overtime salary threshold.
- Require that employees earn a minimum of seven paid sick days a year.
- Give workers a 12-week paid family and medical leave standard.
- Create stronger penalties for “wage theft.”